Traffic is the most important ingredient that every blogger needs in order to generate lot’s of money from his website. a blog that makes lot’s of money and receives a decent amount of traffic is a successful blog. While following the best blog marketing tips may solve your traffic-problem, there are still dozens of ways that you can increase your blog’s traffic.
There are a lot of e-books and courses out there that are suppose to teach you ways on how to increase your blog’s traffic. Some also say that they can teach you how to generate ‘floods of visitors’ coming to your site. but the truth is – none of them works 100% and to tell you honestly, most of the time they’ll only give you lot’s of confusion.
I’m here not to give you ‘floods’ or ‘swarms’ of traffic. but instead, I’m here to give you the ways to generate traffic to your blog that will afterwards give you the solid ideas on how you can increase your blog’s traffic.
Two Methods to increase blog traffic
There are two methods to increase your blog traffic – Paid traffic and Free Traffic. both of them are good. however there’s a lot of difference between them.
1. The Paid Traffic Method – is probably the most easiest and sure fire way to go if you want to instantly increase your blog traffic. The only downside of paying for traffic is of course – it costs you money.
2. The Free Traffic Method – is what most blog owners use to increase their blog’s traffic. The best part about it is that it doesn’t costs you any money at all. The only downside of this is that of course, it costs you Time and would definitely require a little bit of hard work and effort in your part.
11 Ways to increase blog Traffic using the Paid Method
1. Advertise with Google – this one is a no-brainer. if you want targeted Traffic advertise with search engines! make it more even better by advertising on the most popular search engines of all – Google.
2. Advertise with Facebook – Facebook is exploding with traffic. some days, it even beats the traffic of Google. now, it Beats Google’s advertising by Giving advertisers more targeted traffic! what’s great about facebook’s advertising is that you can target people based on their age, Gender, interest and even target them on their birthdays! if you’re looking for a way to generate lots of REALLY targeted blog traffic, Facebook is the best way to go.
3. Pay Blog Directories to feature your blog – blog directories like blog catalog receives over 45 million visitors a day. you can get a cut from their traffic by adding your blog to their directory and paying them to Feature your blog based on the category that you want. these are what most Probloggers do to increase their blog traffic.
4. Pay a blogger to Review your blog – look for bloggers that are RELATED to your niche and Steal some of their readers by asking them for a Sponsored review.
5. Buy an Ad-spot from a blog related to your niche – do you know some High traffic blogs that is related to your niche? buy an ad-spot on their blog and get more referral Traffic.
6. Buy Junk traffic – if you’re just looking to increase your alexa rankings, junk traffic could sometimes be the answer to your problem. Their cheap, easy to implement and effectively increase your blog traffic!
The Guys over at Visitorboost offers a service like this. Warning: don’t depend on junk traffic too much. use this only if you want to improve your alexa rank.
7. Advertise Offline – Pay someone to Feature you on the most popular newspaper or magazine in your country. you can also pay Radio stations to make a radio commercial for you. or if you really want to make it big time, Get your website on a T.V. commercial. some more ideas are giving away stickers of the logo of your site, getting your website on some billboard and many more! advertising offline to increase your blog’s traffic is practically endless. you just need to be creative.
8. Pay for SEO – search engine traffic is what every website needs. the higher you rank on Search engines, the more traffic you’ll get. The Easiest way to get High Rankings on search engines like google is by paying Someone to do the SEO work for you. it saves you time and a lot of hard work.
9. Make use of Redirects – Very easy. buy a domain name and create a 301 redirect to your blog. if you do this with a popular domain, it can also be an effective way to increase your blog traffic.
10. Pay Someone to Tweet your website – look for someone who has a lot of twitter followers or Facebook fans (80,000 people maybe more than enough) get him to tweet your blog by paying him to mention you on one of their tweets or facebook updates. most of the time, 20% of their followers will checkout your blog.
11. Hire someone to do all the Free traffic method for you – if you like to Get traffic using the free methods and you totally have no time to do it, why not Hire someone to do it for you? :-) the more you outsource, the more time you save! Remember: Time is gold. =D
10 Ways To increase Blog Traffic using the Free Method
1. Guest Posting – I highly recommend this. submit a guest post to the top blogs that are related to your niche. do this once a week and pretty soon, you’ll see a huge traffic boost.
2. Article Marketing – submit an article to popular article directories. it’ll increase your blog traffic and it’s also good for SEO.
3. Youtube – Create an interesting or helpful video Related to what you are blogging about and upload it on youtube. of course, mention your website on the video and don’t forget to put your Link on the description box.
4. Blog Commenting – List down the most popular blogs in your niche. Comment on the latest posts on their blog. if they have the top commentators plugin installed, Make sure you get yourself as a top commentator. it’ll also help a lot if you’re the very first person to comment on one of their posts. – of course, Avoid comment spam.
5. Yahoo answers – sign up for yahoo answers and answer user’s question then add your blog’s url in the resource box. this is one of my best traffic source when I was just starting out.
6. DIY SEO – Remember on the Paid method when I told you to outsource SEO? on the Free method, you have the choice to do it yourself. Build backlinks to your blog and rank high in google. if you have no idea about Search engine optimization, Checkout this SEO book or my WordPress SEO Guide. it’ll help you out! :-)
7. Forum Posting – join webmasters forums or simply a forum that’s related to what you are blogging about. be helpful in the forums by answering user’s questions and sharing your expertise. add more traffic to your blog by adding your blog’s url in your forum signatures.
8. your Facebook and Twitter accounts – create a facebook fanpage and twitter account. build up your account by getting lot’s of people following you. if you have lot’s of followers already, one tweet could generate lots of traffic to your site.
9. Get on the frontpage of digg – people who gets on the front page of digg get’s over 100,000 people to their sites in a single day. if you’re looking for lots of free traffic, work your way up to the front page of digg.com by getting people to digg your articles.
10. Get people to tweet your posts – add a “tweet this” button to every post of your page. you can easily do this with tweet meme plugin. if lots of people tweets your post, it will definitely increase your blog traffic.
Bonus Tips to increase blog traffic
like on any other successful blogs, the tips to increase your blog’s traffic as mentioned above is not enough to make your site a huge success. there are still added actions that you need to do if you’re trying to increase your blog’s traffic.
1. Capture your Visitor’s email address
one of the most common mistakes that websites and blog owners make is the fact that they don’t make an effort to capture their visitor’s email address. this is definitely a wrong move if you’re trying to heavily market your blog.
What you want is to keep visitors comming back to your site. and one way to do that is by Getting their email address. this is one thing that will not only help increase your blog’s traffic but this will also give you a huge advantage over your competion. Aweber is by far the best Email marketing tool that I highly recommend you use for this.
Biggest tip here: take advantage of your newly found traffic sources by Capturing your visitor’s email address using the best email marketing tool around.
2. Chase after The best Traffic source for any website
There is no doubt that the given tips above are the best traffic source that you can use to increase your blog’s traffic. however, in my own personal opinion, there is no other traffic source that can be compared with Direct traffic.
Direct traffic are visitors who came to your site without first visiting a search engine, another site or using some marketing tactic. it’s the kind of traffic that gives you the ‘sign’ that visitors remember your site and quite frankly, this is the kind of traffic that I advice you to chase after. The trick on getting direct traffic is by far very Debatable. the easiest answer here is to – Get people remember your site.
Few ideas to get people to remember your site:
- get an easy to remember domain. (or if you have a domain that’s not very ‘memorable’ you can still buy another one by adding redirects to it.)
- get your blog name, logo, or anything that will describe your site included in all your projects like ebooks, videos, etc..
- get a consistent flow of traffic to your site.
increasing your blog’s traffic is easy. and there are lot’s of ways to do it. it’s important that you also take advantage of the traffic by capturing the visitor’s email address and chase after direct traffic by getting people to remember your blog. by following the given tips above, you’ll surely will increase your blog’s traffic in no time.
How about you? what’s your most favorite traffic source? do you know any other best way to increase blog traffic? do you have any opinions about the post? share them by posting a comment below! :-)