The Video Below explains the different methods that people use to make money online. I created this video to show you how each methods work and how you can make money from doing it. if you want to learn how to make money online, this video’s for you.
Text Version below (if you rather read)
There Are Many Ways To Make Money Online
- I will be talking about The methods that I recommend
- And The Ones That I do not Recommend
I hope this article would help you out in some way if you are looking to learn how to make money online.
if you’re someone who already has experience with making money online, This article Can Still be a good Refresh about the topic.
Some of The Known and Obvious Ways To Make Money Online:
1. Joining eBay and Craigslist
- These are types of websites where you can buy and sell Physical Goods.
- If you are selling physical products offline, it’s a good idea to sell them on eBay as well.
- They can also be good places to get rid of things that you consider junk
- Where You offer services or get Hired to Work as a Virtual employee
- Odesk.com, Freelancer.com and Elance.com are some of the best places you can go when you are looking for ‘freelance work’
- Web Designer, Writer, SEO consultant, Data entry, call center representative are some examples of ‘virtual jobs’ that you can find on the sites I mentioned.
- Alternatively, you can also independently offer your services outside the sites I mentioned. For example, you can:
- Offer your services on forums
- Or by Staring Your own website that primarily focus in selling your services
3. Joining ‘Get Paid to’ sites
- Get Paid to Click ads (PTC)
- Get Paid to read Emails
- Get Paid To take online Surveys
- The List Goes On…
I’ve Already done/tried everything on the list above. They are all legitimate ways to make money online. in fact, some of the methods listed above; I still continue to use.
- Me and my wife still sell stuffs on eBay
- I still do freelance work in oDesk
- I’ve joined and tried almost “get paid to’ websites
in fact, if you visit my blog or simply search for my name online, you’ll see me talking a lot about these programs.
They Are All Good sources of making *Extra income* – But not More Than that.
That is Why I do not Recommend You (or any one else) to use These Methods Anymore.
Why I don’t Recommend “Get Paid To”, Freelancing and eBay Anymore:
- You Make Little Money From These methods
- The Money you’ll make are inconsistent and not permanent
- They Take A lot Of Work and time
- 90% of ‘get paid to’ sites turn into scam – Risky
On Freelancing, you can get paid based on your rate and it Can Still work for you as a part-time income.
But The Problems with freelancing are:
- You Still have a “Boss” that you need to please
- Availability is also a ‘must’ in most freelance work.
- it still takes a lot of work and time (work and time, where you can instead invest in other areas that can make you more money)
Lastly, Get paid to’s, freelancing and eBay Does not Fit The Criteria of *My Ultimate Life Goal*
The Best Ways To Make Money Online
What I am going to show you next are the Best Ways To Make Money Using The Internet. How it works, and how you can make money out of it.
The Methods (except youtube) are done using *your own* website and not any one else and Best of all, you get to be your own boss using these methods.
1. Contextual Advertising
Contextual Advertising a type of ad that you can place inside your website that shows Relevant ads based on your content.
How it Works:
- You sign up for an ad network (preferably Google Adsense)
- You copy and paste a piece of code inside your website
- It will show relevant ads based on the current page where the code is installed
- You make money Each time someone clicks on the ads displayed on your website.
Contextual Advertising in my opinion is one of the easiest way to make money online. It is very easy to implement on your site (Does not take a lot of work) You can Monetize just about any type of content that you can think of.
Of course, there are more better ways to make money other than contextual advertising and I’m gonna cover that on the rest of this blog post.
#2 – Youtube Partnership Program
The Process Is almost Similar to contextual advertising. The only difference is, this time, the ads are placed inside the videos.
How It Works:
- You create an interesting video that people would like to watch
- Get Around 10,000 views on that video
- Signup for Youtube’s partnership program
- Once accepted, Youtube will display ads inside your video
- Just like contextual advertising, you make money Each time ads are clicked or viewed every 1,000 times
independent YouTube Channels like Smosh, The annoying orange, Philip defranco has been reported to be making an annual income of more than $200,000 on Youtube partnership program alone.
if you are interested on starting making money with youtube, check this in-depth guide.
Affiliate Marketing is a brilliant way to make money online.
- You don’t have to have your own products to make money
- You don’t have to deal with customers
- All you’ll do is promote someone else’s product and get a commission each time you send a customer to the product owner/company
How Affiliate Marketing Works:
- Pick a Product To Promote preferably
- From clickbank or amazon.com
- Generate an “Affiliate” Link for the product you chose to promote
- Promote The Product Online Using Your “Affiliate link”
Earn a Percentage of the sales the product made
Affiliate Marketing is one of my Favorite Ways to make money.
- With affiliate marketing, I get to setup so-called “affiliate sites” once.
- Leave it…
- And make money from them over and over again
- Even while you sleep, you can make money from affiliate marketing.
#4 – Private Advertising
Is a way where you sell advertisement on your website directly. Private Advertising is a Great Way To Make Money. Unlike contextual advertising or affiliate marketing, you get 100% of the whole profit. Private Advertising comes in many forms but the most common are Banner ads and a text link ads.
Here’s How it Works:
- You either wait for potential advertisers to contact you or contact them directly asking them to advertise on your site.
- Make Money Depending on how much you charge for the ad spot on your site.
Private advertising at its best is a very effective way to make money but only if you have good amount of traffic coming to your website. So if your website is new and gets little visitors, advertisers would not likely buy from your site.
This is why a Good Rule Of The Thumb When Doing Private Advertising is to only offer it when you are already receiving at least 1,000 visitors a day on your site.
#5 – Creating or Selling Your Own ‘digital’ Products
You Can Make Money by creating your own products and selling them online.
This Could be Any ‘Digital’ products that you can think of.
Why Digital Products?
- No need for shipping
- Easier to sell online
- Easier to make
Creating and Selling my own digital product is something that I haven’t done before. But I am planning to. simply because:
- I believe it is a great way to make money
- Remember affiliate marketing?
- With your own product, you get the chance to have people promote and sell it for you for free!
- That’s one of the Positive side of having your own product.
#6 – Subscription Based Products
This one is similar to creating your own product. The only difference is, you charge your customers on a recurring basis. In my opinion, The ‘Subscription based’ method is the best way to make money because with it, you get continuous flow of income unlike the other methods I mentioned where you only earn money from the customer once.
To give you a good idea about subscription based products (in case you want to start one of your own), Here Are Some Good Examples of websites that implements the subscription based method:
- Hostgator (web hosting company)
- AVG (anti virus software)
- Lynda.com (membership site)
- Aweber (email Marketing Software)
I recommend you visit these sites and see how they are implementing the subscription baed method on their site.
The Subscription Based Method Can Also Be Applied to:
- Affiliate Marketing
- Where instead of promoting a ‘one time’ purchase product ,You can pick/promote ‘subscription based’ products to promote instead.
Hence, give you recurring commisions
- And Your Private Advertisement sales
Where instead of charging a 1 time purchase of the ad spot on your site, you can make it a subscription-based payment instead in a way, that advertisers need to pay you on a per month basis.
(Bonus Way) = Getting Donations
I do not really see this as a “best way” to make money but it is worth mentioning since I see some sites that have good success with this.
You can earn extra revenue from your site by asking for donations.
How it Works:
- You simply put a donate button on your site (preferably from Paypal)
- You make money each time someone donates
- If you like, you can also place ‘Amazon wish list widget’ on your site.
- You might never know, someone could actually give you donations
- But again, I do not see getting donations as a way to make money. I just think this could be a
The Core Best Ways To Make Money Online Still Comes Down To
- Contextual Advertising
- YouTube Partnership program
- Private advertising Sales
- Affiliate Marketing
- By Creating Your Own Products.
That’s about it for the “best Ways” to make money online.
I hope you’ve learned something from this post/ or on the video.
if you any questions, you can comment using the form below. Overtime, I’ll be updating this post. if you have suggestions or you think I have missed something, please let me know by commenting.